Monday, October 29, 2007

Priceless

Time flies by so fast. It was not too long ago when Caitlyn was too afraid to ride stationary cars that you see in video arcades. But now she rides on cars at theme parks. And she rides on her own!

We went to Star City yesterday to bring my wife’s nephew, Neekee, who is visiting from Zambales. My wife got ride-all-you-can passes for herself, Neekee and Caitlyn. It costs PhP 250. I thought it was a bit pricey considering that there isn’t much to see at Star City anyway. My yaya, my brother, and I just got the entrance-only ticket, at PhP 60.

Caitlyn had her first ride at the carousel. She’s used to riding carousel at the Mall of Asia so we were already expecting that she’ll get on one. But I was surprised when we went to the Snow White train ride. Caitlyn did not hesitate to ride the train and even seated on the front seat with her Kuya Neekee. There was an adjacent Little Mermaid boat ride beside that and we attempted to bring here there but she hesitated. I thought maybe because her Kuya Neekee was not with them.

When we got to the Rodeo car/truck ride, Caitlyn insisted that she wants to ride on one. We were a little hesitant because her Mom couldn’t join her there because the ride is for little kids only. But eventually we found a truck which is a bit enclosed and we had her ride that one. She’s riding by herself. She didn’t get scared and was having fun the whole time. Even though the ride climbs up, it was okay with him. She sure had fun with that ride. J (As evidence, she even rode it again when we passed by it the second time).

Next ride she got on was the plane ride with her Mom. She was seated in front and her Mom was on the back. She also had fun with that ride and didn’t get scared.



After all the rides and the fun my baby had, I realized that the ride-all-you-can my wife got for Caitlyn was very much worth it. Caitlyn wasn’t able to ride all the big and complicated rides yet, but it was very much worth it seeing her enjoy the experience for the first time. :)

No comments: